Lesotho Communications Authority
The Lesotho Communications Authority (LCA) is the regulatory body for the communications sector in Lesotho. LCA invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Public Affairs Manager. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the Lesotho Communications Authority.
To plan, develop, manage and implement the LCA communication and public relations strategy by building strong relationships and networks with colleagues and the media, answering enquiries from the media and other organisations with the aim of promoting a positive image of the Authority. Informing the public and other stakeholders on the activities, roles and objectives of the Authority, as well as to disseminate information to consumers in order to empower and protect them. Safeguards the rights of consumers of communications services and ensures the development and implementation of consumer education and protection strategies.
- Takes the lead in the development and implementation of a public relations strategy and action plans to enhance stakeholder and public understanding of the role and objectives of the Authority.
- Establishes and maintains partnership and relationships with key stakeholders at international, regional and national levels through effective public participation and educational programmes.
- Coordinates, compiles and supervises the production of organisational documents such as the annual report, corporate profiles, publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs and multimedia programmes.
- Coordinates and manages educational campaigns on topical issues of the Authority through effective media and drafts media releases, speeches, in-house magazines, case studies and articlesfor approval and subsequent publication.
- Carries out media briefings and develops harmonious relations with the media to promote positive coverage of the services and events of the Authority, including collating, analysing and monitoring media coverage e.g. newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs.
- Manage and update information and engage with the public on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook, including designing, developing and updating the Authority’s website in order to provide access to information to members of the public on corporate information, regulatory issues and source of information.
- Foster good community relations through organising events (such as press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours)and involvement in community initiatives.
- Ensures that consumer information is disseminated to the public in liaison with the relevant offices and develops consumer education programmes.
- Supervises the resolution of disputes between consumers and service providers by ensuring that complaints from consumers are responded to in terms of set conditions and rules.
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities
Fluent in written & spoken English and Sesotho;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including effective writing and presentation skills;
- Highly disciplined with demonstrated focus on results;
- Good self-drive in taking initiative;
- Hardworking and able to meet stringent targets/deadlines;
- Planning and coordination skills;
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills;
- Good computer literacy.
Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations or equivalent plus a minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience. Knowledge of communications regulation would be an added advantage.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience is on offer.
How to Apply
Applications from suitably qualified candidates accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copies of relevant certificates and names and contact details of three references should be submitted to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Lesotho Communications Authority
30 Princess Margaret Road
By e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: The deadline for submission of applications is on or before 30 April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.