The Authority's mandate as outlined in the Lesotho Communications Act (2000) , include, the following key elements:
- Promote, develop and supervise the provision of efficient local, national, regional and international telecommunication services in Lesotho;
- Taking all reasonable steps to promote network development, universal service and access to telecommunication services;
- ensuring the efficient and effective use of the radio frequency spectrum;
- promoting the range and quality of telecommunication services and other consumer interests;
- promoting efficient management and human resource development within the telecommunication sector;
- promoting private ownership of telecommunication operations;
- promote sustainable and fair competition between telecommunication service providers;
- collection and dissemination of information for use by the industry, consumers and prospective investors;
- taking reasonable steps to promote telecommunication services that will satisfy reasonable demands of least advantaged members of the communities for the provision of services such as emergency services, public call box services and directory information services;
- Representing Government, in consultation with the Minister of Communications in international matters relating to telecommunications.
More information is available on our Profile page.